Starmakerz Theatre School Limited (“We” or “Starmakerz”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (The Act) the data controller is Starmakerz Theatre School Limited of:
Prosen, Lower Guildford Road, Knaphill, Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom, GU21 2EL
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in our Registration Form at the time of booking or contacting us via our Contact Form on our website www.starmakerz.co.uk
- Data we collect may include your name (or name of your child’s chaperone), your child’s name, address, email, contact number, emergency contact numbers, date of birth and school your child attends plus any medical history. If you provide personal information belonging to another person, you confirm you have that person’s consent to pass this onto us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Photographs and video footage taken while your children are attending our classes or events. We collect consent for this before taking such photographs or videos and provide notices so that parents are aware when we are filming. Please inform us if you do not wish us to use such video footage or images when you complete the Registration Form.
- Records of your children’s attendance at classes and events
- We also collect medical information so that we can be aware of any issues and be properly prepared to teach your child. We would only share this with the instructors who teach your children.
If you no longer require our services, we will automatically remove all data from our servers and our databases. At any time anyone can request that their data is removed, however in certain circumstances, such as, if your child still attends our school for classes, we must store your details whilst you have an active account. Starmakerz does not, and will not, sell or give any personal details to anyone outside our organisation unless it is by requested by Law Enforcement agencies, or any part of the Criminal Justice system.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Once you have provided us with information we will store this on a secure UK server and the paper copy of your Registration Form will be destroyed.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To arrange services requested by you and respond to any enquiry. If you have e-mailed us we will use your e-mail address to respond to your query.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts (i.e. Terms and Conditions) entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you consent to us using your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. In addition, you can unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
We may disclose your personal information to any individuals within our organisation.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Those third parties involved with us in providing the services to you, including but not limited to: our venues & instructors
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Starmakerz or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Starmakerz, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partners, other Starmakerz companies or other third parties (such as social media websites). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please contact us by email if you wish to know what information we hold about you.
A copy of our Terms and Conditions can be download by clicking here